Welcome!

Welcome to The Book Report! Here you will find reveiws on the books we have read. Feel free to leave comments!

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan

TRACY

I took a bit of a detour from my book and read Sarra's last book "The Last Thing I Remember" by Andrew Klavan. It sounded like a really good book and she wanted to pass it to a friend, so I read it pretty quickly. The summary mentions that the main character, Charlie, wakes up to find himself strapped to a metal chair with bloody injuries and voices just outside the door that order his murder. But that's just the beginning, the story has Charlie moving from one terrible situation to another, each more exciting than the last. I found it very difficult to put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen next and how Charlie was going to get himself out of it. Turns out he's been missing from home for over a year and he can't remember any of it, he has a girlfriend that he didn't know about, and he's been charged with the murder of his best friend, Alex. Unfortunately the book doesn't tidy all the loose ends before ending. Charlie never reunites with his parents, he never clears his reputation and we never find out who killed Alex - was it really Charlie? or someone else? The next book in the series will hopefully clear some of this up before creating cliffhangers, but it doesn't come out until February of 2010. Sarra and I will be one of the first in line for it, you can be sure!

No comments: